Текущее время: 14 дек 2018, 08:24

Womens Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys

Общение на темы не вошедшие ни в один раздел. Интернет-ресурсы в помощь копарю

Модераторы: admin, UfaMD, KURGAN45

Непрочитанное сообщение linchao » 09 окт 2018, 06:26

Add LSU's Danny Etling to the list of quarterbacks drafted by the New England Patriots since they took Tom Brady 18 years ago.

As a seventh-round pick Ryan Getzlaf Jersey , odds favor him joining the previous eight who didn't replace the franchise icon set to turn 41 this summer.

Still, director of player personnel Nick Caserio figured there was a decent chance the Patriots would add someone to Brady's room during a busy draft that featured nine picks and 10 trades over three days a year after New England made just four selections.

"We knew we were going to add to a quarterback to our team at some point," Caserio said after the draft ended Saturday. "We think Danny has some decent traits and decent qualities to work with."

New England used the draft's final day to fill a handful of needs on both sides of the ball and gained three picks for next season, including a third-rounder from Detroit. As of the draft's conclusion, New England holds 12 picks for 2019.

"Busy weekend and a lot of effort from a lot of people," Caserio said. "This is not a one-man show. This is a team effort and embodies what this program is about ... putting the team first and doing your job."

After making six trades during the first four rounds, the Patriots addressed the linebacker spot with their first two picks Saturday. New England took Purdue's Ja'Whaun Bentley with the 143rd overall pick in the fifth round and Arizona State's Christian Sam in the sixth (No. 178).

The Patriots then shifted to offense, taking Miami slot wide receiver Braxton Berrios at No. 210 in the sixth following by Etling with the 219th choice. New England also took Western Carolina defensive back Keion Crossen (No. 243) and Florida State tight end Ryan Izzo (No. 250) in the seventh round.

Etling will join Brady and backup Brian Hoyer on the depth chart after throwing for 2,463 yards, 16 touchdowns and two interceptions last season.

"I don't have any expectations other than going in and learning as much information as you can and preparing for your chance when it comes Authentic Kirk Cousins Jersey ," Etling said. "You just want to watch a guy who's so great and know how he does it."

Etling spent his freshman and sophomore years at Purdue and was a teammate and close friend of Bentley.

Here are some other things to know about the Patriots' draft:

ANOTHER BOILERMAKER: A three-time captain at Purdue, Bentley follows a line of Purdue linebackers under coach Bill Belichick. Rosevelt Colvin played in New England for six seasons (2003-08) and Rob Ninkovich retired before the start of training camp last year after eight seasons.

REPUTATION DEFENDER: Sam tried to discount an NFL profile that suggested he doesn't like to practice.

"Everyone has their own opinion and it's something I can't control, but I felt that wasn't true," Sam said. "I'm a guy who takes pride in practice because I know how big it is to prepare so you can play at a high level."

The Texas native played cornerback until his junior year of high school and was a special teams player for the Sun Devils.

IN THE SLOT: The loss of receiver Danny Amendola to AFC East-rival Miami goes beyond the departure of one of Brady's most-trusted targets. It also created the need for a punt returner that was addressed with the drafting of Berrios. In four years at Miami, Berrios averaged 10.4 yards on punt returns.

"I absolutely love it. There's something about it that gives you an adrenaline rush," the 5-9, 183-pound Berrios said.

STILL NEED: Etling will compete for a roster spot, yet it would appear the Patriots are comfortable with the idea of finding Brady's potential replacement next year, especially with two second-round picks and three third-rounders. Even with the additions of Bentley and Sam, New England figures to remain active for linebacker help.

Tom Heckert Michael Irvin Jersey , a former personnel executive for the Denver Broncos who also served stints as general manager for the Cleveland Browns and the Philadelphia Eagles, has died following a long illness, the Broncos said. He was 51.

Heckert stepped away from the Broncos after last season after being diagnosed in recent years with amyloidosis, a rare disease that causes a buildup of amyloid proteins in the heart, kidney, liver and other organs. He died Sunday night.

Heckert spent 27 years in the NFL, including the last five in the Broncos' personnel department. He was the teams' director of pro personnel from 2013-16 before becoming senior personnel adviser in 2017.

"Tom was an integral part of our organization and we're all incredibly saddened today," general manager John Elway said in a statement. "With his many years of experience and time as a GM, Tom was a tremendous resource and a key member of our team. He was a very good evaluator. He had an eye for talent, and we always trusted his voice."

Before coming to Denver Oscar Klefbom Jersey , Heckert was the general manager for the Browns (2010-12) and the Eagles (2006-09).

"We are saddened to learn of Tom Heckert's passing," Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement. "Tom gave everything he had to this organization for nine seasons and played a major role in the construction and success of our team during that time. In addition to being a talented evaluator and respected voice, he was a mentor and friend to so many within our organization and around the league. He will be greatly missed by all who knew and worked with him and our hearts go out to his family during this difficult time."

The Eagles went to the playoffs seven times in Heckert's nine seasons in Philadelphia, winning five NFC East titles, making five appearances in the conference championship and reaching one Super Bowl.

"Tom came to Philly in 2001 and made an instant impact on and off the field," Eagles GM Howie Roseman said in a statement. "He hired great people and his legacy is seen throughout the league in high-ranking front office positions and how many people today are talking about him and telling Heckert stories.

"He took the time to help all of us get better and learn more about how to evaluate and build teams. His record as a GM was outstanding. When he worked here everyone wanted to be around him and listen to his stories about his time in the league and his experiences around the game. He was one of the first people to congratulate us all when we won the Super Bowl. Thoughts and prayers are with his family, including his kids."

Heckert began his NFL career in 1991 as a scout with the Miami Dolphins, who promoted him to assistant director of pro personnel/college scout in 1999 and director of pro personnel in 2000. He was hired by the Eagles as their player personnel director in 2001 and was promoted to vice president of player personnel in 2003.

His father, Tom Sr., worked for more than 20 years as an NFL player personnel executive before retiring in 2007.

His time in Denver included three playoff trips Clinton Portis Jersey , two Super Bowl appearances and a win over Carolina in Super Bowl 50.

"It's easy to see why Tom was widely respected and had so many great relationships across the league," Elway said. "I'll always be grateful for how he helped me transition into this position. My prayers go out to Tom's family, friends and everyone he worked with during his career."

Matt Russell, the Broncos' director of player personnel, worked with Heckert in Philadelphia and Denver.

"Tom was one of the best because he combined exceptional player evaluation skills with his incredible network of connections around the NFL," Russell said. "Those relationships he formed are a testament to how well he treated everyone. Tom was a loyal friend and my heart goes out to his family."

The Browns also released a statement expressing the organization's sympathy: "We are deeply saddened by the passing of Tom Heckert and share our sincerest condolences with his family and friends, including the many lives he impacted with the Browns organization and throughout the entire NFL during his established career."

I can show you all the sports, strength, and even passion. Welcome, I sincerely serve you, everything is for you. You can call me "Lin" and welcome to our sports kingdom——http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com We will be happy to serve you.
linchao

Благодарил (а): 0 раз.
Металлоискатель: NY

Вернуться в Общаемся,флудим,отводим душу